We are looking to recruit a qualified accountant to manage a portfolio of our agriculture clients to be based at their Banbury office.
You will report to directors responsible for the agriculture portfolio and will take responsibility for a large rural and agriculture focused portfolio, providing all round accounting and taxation services, offering tailored advice and planning.
This is a new role which has arisen through a combination of director retirements, positive growth over the last twelve months, together with planned future growth within this sector.
Your responsibilities as an Accountant /Manager will include -
About you -
- You will be qualified ACA/ACCA/CTA, with direct agricultural knowledge and a minimum of two years post qualification experience.
- You will have the ability to review and complete accounts files & personal tax returns files in a cost effective and timely manner.
- You will have strong computer skills with the ability to use the MS office suite of products and your strong accounting skills will demonstrate experience with Sage, Xero, Quickbooks and Key Accounts.
- You will have strong problem resolution skills and the ability to identify possible solutions.
- You will have good marketing, networking and business development skills and desire to grow the portfolio.
- Will be organised and have the ability to prioritise jobs effectively.
- Agricultural audit experience is desirable but not essential but you will be self-motivated and career focused with demonstrable skills and a passion for delivering accounting services and taxation advice in this field.
- You will be career focused with a desire to progress with a willingness to work outside normal hours as required.
- As a team player you will have the ability to work autonomously when necessary but with an interest in people with a desire to assist more junior team members with the support they require.
We will offer you -
The opportunity to join a strong, longstanding, professional business in Banbury. A company that takes pride in supporting its staff through good times and the challenging times we currently face. In addition we will offer
- A competitive salary
- A flexible working environment
- Support for future study if required
- 25 days annual holiday in addition to 8 bank holidays
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Ability to join a PMI scheme within the next few months
- Death in Service scheme to be introduced within the next few months
- Excellent working conditions with free tea & coffee / fruit / car parking
If you have the necessary experience within a practice environment and are looking to join a growing and dynamic firm then we would like to hear from you.